Boston Bank Litigation and Lender Liability Law Firm Providing Comprehensive Advice and Representation
Sophisticated representation in commercial disputes
Attorneys Francis and Clark each have more than 25 years of litigation experience representing financial institutions and borrowers in Boston, Cambridge, Worcester and throughout Massachusetts in disputes involving commercial loan contracts. The Law Offices of Thomas S. Francis helps distressed businesses that are having trouble keeping up with their loan payments as well as businesses whose loans were mishandled by their lender.
As trial attorneys, Mr. Francis and Mr. Clark understand how to evaluate the odds of success at trial and advise clients on whether to try, mediate or settle a dispute. With experience on both sides of banking litigation, the firm works to ensure you have the best representation available.
The firm has successfully prosecuted numerous lender liability claims on behalf of small business borrowers with settlements ranging from $150,000 to $1,000,000 and the following trial results:
- $6,500,000 jury verdict in 2011
- $6,000,000 jury verdict in 1989 for client and partner
- $2,900,000 jury verdict after two trials in 2002 and 2003
The firm has also represented both plaintiffs and defendants in collection actions.
- In 2003, Mr. Francis was called in to defend a pending superior court lawsuit and within a few weeks reduced a creditor’s claim against his clients by approximately $500,000 — roughly half the total claim — after an evidentiary hearing.
- In 2004, Mr. Francis obtained a $300,000 settlement for a client before trial on an unpaid judgment obtained by the firm after a jury trial several years earlier.
By understanding the specifics of your situation and the parties involved, the firm works with you to develop effective strategies for each stage of the litigation process.
Protect your business. Call the Law Offices of Thomas S. Francis today.
Contact the Law Offices of Thomas S. Francis today at 617-742-4044 or contact the firm online to schedule your free initial consultation.