Massachusetts Legal Malpractice Attorneys with the Experience to Provide Effective Solutions
Boston attorneys upholding the integrity and quality of the practice of law
With more than 25 years of litigation experience each, attorneys Thomas S. Francis and William M. Clark have an unwavering commitment to the principled, dutiful practice of the legal profession. To uphold these high standards, the Law Offices of Thomas S. Francis represents clients against attorneys in legal malpractice actions and attorneys before the Board of Bar Overseers. Having represented both sides, the firm is uniquely qualified to represent clients in these two legal areas.
Do I have a legal malpractice claim?
Your attorney has certain specific obligations to you. To win a malpractice case against an attorney, you must prove that your attorney made errors in handling your case. In addition, you must also show that if the attorney had conducted himself or herself properly you would have won the case and would have been able to collect from the defendant. You may have a legal malpractice case if your attorney:
- Failed to practice in accordance with the Massachusetts rules of professional conduct
- Failed to act in your best interest
- Failed to provide details about expenses and fees
- Failed to fulfill fiduciary and accounting obligations
- Failed to maintain confidential communications
- Failed to abide by contractual agreements
Your options for obtaining relief
You have options if your legal counsel’s representation is fraudulent or negligent. The firm will review your case and help you pursue the best means of obtaining relief, which could include:
- Suing the attorney
- Filing a grievance with the Board of Bar Overseers
- Negotiating with your attorney to rectify the problem
- Mediating with your attorney to reach an equitable agreement
- Assisting you in obtaining competent representation to complete your legal matters
Defending Massachusetts attorneys before the Board of Bar Overseers
If you are an attorney accused of violating your duties, the firm provides you with unyielding support. Attorneys Francis and Clark have represented attorneys in Board of Bar Overseers investigations and hearings. If the Board of Bar Overseers decides that a complaint it has received is worthy of further action, we will thoroughly compile the evidence and present a strong case against the Petition for Discipline.
Contact a Massachusetts attorney focused on upholding the ethics of the law profession
Call the Law Offices of Thomas S. Francis at 617-742-4044 or contact the firm online to schedule your free consultation.