Massachusetts Insurance Litigation Attorneys with the Resources to Handle Even the Most Complex Claims
Delivering effective representation for plaintiffs and defendants
The Law Offices of Thomas S. Francis has been providing legal advice and representation to insurance companies and self-insured corporations in Boston, Cambridge, Worcester and throughout Massachusetts since 1990. With more than 25 years of litigation experience each, the firm’s insurance litigation attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in insurance subrogation claims, defended hundreds of claims involving property damage, casualty loss and terms of coverage, and litigated hundreds of claims in inter-company arbitration.
It is critical that insurance companies and self-insured businesses recover the money they lose when paying on claims or suffering losses. Attorneys Thomas S. Francis and William M. Clark work quickly to accurately assess whether it is in the client's best interest to negotiate a settlement or take the case to trial. Since 1990, the firm has provided corporate and insurance clients with reliable, strategic representation designed to minimize the cost of litigation.
The firm handles:
The firm also represents insurers in litigation contesting the reasonableness of fees charged by body shops, glass installers and tow truck companies.
- Mr. Clark has successfully defended and settled numerous lawsuits filed by body shops and glass installers.
- In February 2012, Mr. Francis won a verdict for his client against a tow truck company after a three-day jury trial.
Experienced in coverage analysis and claims defense litigation for insurance companies
The firm has represented insurers and their policy holders as both plaintiffs and defendants. On offense, the firm has:
- brought thousands of lawsuits to recover on payments made for property damage to automobiles, homes and commercial buildings, Personal Injury Protection benefits and Uninsured Motorist benefits
- litigated claims to replevy personal property from storage and contesting storage rates
- litigated and advised as to coverage disputes on automobile, homeowner and commercial policies
- worked with out-of-state insurers and counsel to prosecute claims in Massachusetts
On defense, the firm has:
- represented insurers and their policy holders against claims for loss of or damage to real and personal property, bodily injury and claims under the Massachusetts consumer protection act
- litigated claims involving insurance fraud, fabricated hit-while-parked claims, non-permissive use, loss of use, total loss valuations and diminished market value
- worked with experts in litigation involving accident reconstruction
- litigated declaratory judgment actions on coverage disputes
Comprehensive solutions with your business’s best interests in mind
Although the firm has forged its reputation through its results in litigation, it commits its best efforts wherever possible to resolving your problems without resorting to court. Attorneys Francis and Clark understand that litigation can be expensive and may not be the best option in your case. For these reasons, they routinely utilize arbitration and mediation to settle disputes for clients at much-reduced cost, and they propose settlements that have your company’s best interests in mind.
Boston insurance defense trial attorneys ready to defend you
To find out how the Law Offices of Thomas S. Francis can help solve your insurance disputes, call 617-742-4044 today or contact the firm online for your free initial consultation.